Thursday, August 7, 2008

God's story continues....

This is the verse from our calendar on the day I finished typing my baby girl's adoption story. Pretty incredible promise, huh?

I really can't say how therapeutic it was to type those details. For weeks/months after May 27, I've been in a big ol' pit. I even looked online to see if adoptive mothers can go through "post partum" depression. When I mentioned that to Tuck, he thought maybe instead it was "post traumatic stress" depression.

All I know is that I was depressed. And it has been relieved a LOT by putting the words to paper, so to speak. Don't get me wrong, I still have days. But I think a lot of that now has to do with a lack of sleep. ;o)

Another thing that has my emotions in a mix is the fact that for the first time in 10+ years, Tuck and I are not trying to get pregnant or adopt a baby. Our family is complete. I have NO regrets about that, but it's a little strange. We'll celebrate 12 years of marriage in November, and the majority of our marriage has been about having kids. That was all we knew. That was our normal.

I just need my head to figure out what our new normal is.

2 comments:

April said...

Oh honey, there is no normal after kids. :-)

I'm so glad you can celebrate 12 wonderful years of marriage and that you have your family. Even more so that you can see God's hand in all that you went through to get here.

Marie said...

Okay, let's be honest here! The mood you are feeling right now is caused by the emptiness you feel without me being in the same state as you. I know, I know, it's difficult being without me but keep your chin up...I'll be back soon, I promise! I think there is a support group starting up...just meet at It's a Grind with Casi, Addie, & Bekah and you can all wallow in your lonliness together...LOL

Miss ya girl...I miss your sweet girls too!

Peace Out!