I don't know about you, but I am GLAD that 2008 is gone. Granted, one of the biggest blessings in our family life happened with the addition of Cora! Nonetheless, I'm more than ready to start a new year.
Last week, one of our pastors spoke about making 2009 a year of Transformation within ourselves. He likened our lives as Christians to the transformation of a caterpillar to a butterfly... I enjoyed this analogy.
I don't like to make resolutions. I prefer to set goals and work on objectives toward reaching said goals. Yeah, I know it's the same thing.
So I've listed some goals for my own, personal Year of the Butterfly. I'm first to recognize that I will not be perfect in these areas. But I will celebrate every baby step I achieve. Plus, by putting these here on the ol' blog, all you 3 people that read it might help me stay accountable. heh.
This year, I will strive to be:
- a child of God that actually listens to my Father speak to me through His Word
- one that will also talk back to Him through prayers and intercessions
- a loving, giving, content wife
- a FUN mom that doesn't yell and lose her patience at the drop of a hat
- the kind of friend with whom others actually want to be friends
- a person who only speaks when what's going to be said is thoughtful and considerate
- healthy; one who treats my body the way it deserves to be treated
- one who loves God and others unconditionally
- one who forgives others, just as my Savior has done for me
The old is gone, as of last night. The new begins today. I'm excited.