Thursday, March 22, 2007

my daughter's eyes

I have a close friend, Marie, who knows all songs and the artists who sing and/or wrote them! While I won’t even try to compare my abilities to hers, I do latch onto certain songs that touch me (hence my blog title), including this one that Claire told me about shortly after my Madison was born. Now when you play this song around Madison, sit back and enjoy her falsetto voice belting it out -- it's priceless!

Seriously, though, it seems Ms McBride wrote this song from MY heart, not her own. Have you had a chance to actually SEE my daughter’s eyes?! Each time I'm "enjoying" a pity party or feel ready to give up, her big brown eyes draw me back to reality: I AM BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE.

In My Daughter’s Eyes, Martina McBride
In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see:
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be in my daughter's eyes
In my daughter's eyes, everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me
Gives me strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe, in my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about:
It's hangin' on when your heart has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up

I've seen the light: it's in my daughter's eyes
In my daughter's eyes, I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see
How happy she made me
For I'll be there… in my daughter's eyes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful song. Thanks for sharing how it touches your heart. Isn't it funny how when we get into our pity parties and focus on all of the negatives in our lives that we forget all the ways we are blessed every day?

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to hear Maddie sing that song...priceless. It's endless, all of the ways that our babies bless us. I love it when songs put it so perfectly.

Rebekah said...

I read blogs in bloglines but I happened to actually go to KPs blog and noticed she had you listed with a blog....WHAT?!?! I had no clue you had jumped in! How fun! I've been to busy to bother posting but I'm adding you to my bloglines so I can get your updates. Yea!

Marie said...

I love this song! It speaks to me in ways you could never imagine. I know that right now you are hurting my friend...and I will give you your space, but only for a time and then be prepared! There are some things that get my dander up, and seeing my friends hurting is one of them.

So, as we say in the south, I don't care if it hairlips the Pope, I'll find a way to bring back that smile!

Love you!

Peace Out